American Academy of Underwater Sciences Diversity Scholarship T-Shirt Design Contest
If you or anyone you know has ever dreamt about getting your art on a product, and having that product support a really great cause, this is your chance!
We're partnering with our friends at American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS) to financially support their new diversity scholarship by selling a T-shirt with 100% of profits donated to AAUS. But first, we're hosting an art contest to determine the design for the shirt.
We're looking for a T-shirt design that celebrates diversity and community in scientific diving and the ecosystems it supports.
Theme: healthy communities are diverse.
Design should reflect the following:
1) BioDIVERSity - playing off the idea of environmental diversity as well as human diversity, and the role of scientific divers within it.
2) Community - emphasizing that strong communities (in the environment and among people) include everyone. Should represent multiple types of marine communities (i.e. - not just coral or kelp, etc.).
How to participate:
- Submit your design using the form below before May 1, 2022.
- We will select a winning design by June 1, 2022 and award the winning artist a $500 cash prize.
- We'll create an organic cotton shirt with the art, sell it on Waterlust.com, and donate 100% of profits to the AAUS Diversity Scholarship.
The AAUS Diversity Scholarship was created to address an important problem: that recreational scuba diving is a privileged sport. Training costs money, the gear is expensive, and getting to dive sites adds up. When an aspiring marine scientist needs to dive to do their work but can’t afford to get their Open Water Scuba Certification, it creates a barrier to entry that hurts us all. It steers talented up & coming researchers into other fields and reduces the diversity that is essential to solving the world’s hardest problems.
All artwork must be original work, created by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the artwork contains, and the artwork must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the form below. Entries not submitted through the proper channel will not be counted as an entry.
- Entries will be judged by Waterlust and AAUS. All decisions are final. Waterlust reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that artwork submitted can be used by Waterlust. Winner will be required to fill out this waiver prior to accepting the award. Waterlust will credit the artist by name on the product web page.
- Submissions will not be accepted after the deadline.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is nontransferable.
- The winner will be contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after seven days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
- The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.